say it with me now
do not fucking tell me someone with abusive parents “had it easy” just because the abuse wasn’t physical or sexual
- guys: let's take up all the space at shows and force the girls to hang out in the back
- guys: let's book shows with nothing but bands full of guys, despite the presence of willing female musicians
- guys: let's make fun of girls who are just learning guitar and recording their own music at home
- guys: let's patronize girls who play shows and tell them they're "really good, for a girl"
- guys: let's do nothing to call out other guys' misogynist behavior
- girls: let's be fairly treated and represented in the music scene and hold men accountable for their actions
- guys: YEAH there should be more girls in the scene, but it's THEIR fault for not taking the opportunity to participate. guys aren't excluding girls- girls are excluding THEMSELVES!
I, for one, can’t wait for the destruction of traditional family values